Thursday, November 20, 2008

This and That

This post doesn't have any kind of theme, just a bunch of random stuff I want to put out there. Enjoy my arbitrary thoughts:

1. Bubbaism of the MONTH. The comedy around here has been a little sparse lately (every comic genius needs a breather, the Bubba is no exception). Anyway, today was Colonial Day at school and so I dressed like a early American colonist, bonnet and all. I came upstairs tonight and heard this," Hey mom, how do I look in your BANDANNA?" and saw this:
My son in a pilgrim bonnet and apron-could I be more proud?! No, I do not encourage cross-dressing in my home, the boy just happened to find my discarded costume on the floor (yes I am a messy pig!), and wanted to try it on for size. He looks much better in the getup than I did and if you want a picture of me wearing the "bandanna," aka bonnet, just picture my face in the above scene-that's as close as it's going to get.

2. Can't seem to get enough of these lately. Don't know why. It's not like I've never eaten them before and they are all of a sudden new, different and fantastic. Yes, they are pleasing to the palate, but why all of the sudden would I rather eat them than do much else? Did anyone else notice that the snack size weren't in any of the mixed chocolate bags of candy for Halloween this year? All Bubba brought home in his stash were the plains! What is up with that? A coincidence? I think not. Some kind of conspiracy to drive us mad and make us run to the store to buy a pounder? I think the FBI should get onto this. No I am not being paranoid. Don't underestimate the power of a peanut M & M.
3. Twilight. The movie. Opens tomorrow. I'm going. I hope they don't ruin the book. I think I might snack on some peanut M & M s during the show. I think that would be an appropriate time to indulge, don't you? That's all I have to say about that.

4. The weekend is coming! HALLELUJAH! This has been such a frantic and exhausting week, (last week too with parent-teacher conferences), I can't wait to sleep in! (Maybe until 8 or 9 if DH is feeling generous). Definitely not going to be sleeping in next weekend-I'm one of those freaks in line at Toys R Us at 4 a.m. I know, get a life, but my mom and sister and I go every year and we are convinced it's fun so I'm doing it!

5. Now, I'm going to go relax, put my aching feet up and watch Grey's Anatomy. Lose myself and all my worries watching a bunch of dysfunctional TV characters. It doesn't get any better than that!

3 comments:

Rylee's Mom said...

Bubba looks so cute in your bonnett. And by the way, I did replace his face with yours and it made me laugh!

EmmaP said...

he looks perfect for colonial days! and I love a mix of M&Ms and popcorn! yumm-o!

Mary Jane said...

Humm. I better get a picture of you and me in costume. Then I can post it on my picture in celebration between the pilgrims and indians!
Oh, peanut m&m's are really good for you. They have protein in them! :)