Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Haiku

This is one of the only poetry forms I know by heart and since Halloween was so fun this year, I had to dedicate some prose to the occasion. Here are my five best and most thought provoking pieces-go ahead and pick your favorite. Just to warn you, they are unusually good and it will be hard to choose. They kinda sum up my night-so you have to read them in order to get the full effect. I thought Haiku was more fun than another boring narrative. You get to read between the lines!

#1
At Last, Halloween!
Dress up in your scariest,
Knock and beg for food.

#2
Dark, Halloween night,
Pirates and cops haunt the street,
Run while you still can!

#3
Let's go trick-or-treat,
This bag is much too heavy,
I need more candy!
#4
Can we keep going?
It's my turn to ring the bell!
Scream and stomp my foot.
#5
Finally we're done,
Tired children eat some treats,
Then bounce off the walls!

3 comments:

EmmaP said...

Wow! you are sooo right! those were Ah-Mazing!!! I especially loved #3 and #4!!! hahahaha!

Mary Jane said...

You're a poet....did you know it?

Jude said...

What a cutie! Glad you guys had fun on Halloween,enjoy this stage too I would love to see Jade 4 again. It just gets better when you have a good kid like our little cheeseburgers! Andrew was adorable as director with the clipboard. Everything was so beautiful, I was so proud of all the kids. Jude