Friday, January 9, 2009

Rest in Peace Bobby Marchant 1999-2009

Today I lost my best friend. Bobby, my little orange cat, had to be put to sleep. He has been diabetic for the past two years or so, and recently had been experiencing constant bladder infections and other complications from the disease, that we couldn't see to get regulated with changes of diet and medication. I have to tell myself that he was suffering, and that what I had to do was the best thing for him, but my heart is breaking over this decision. I loved that cat, more than I can say. He and I had a very special relationship. I was his only human friend-he was very timid and scared of other people. He trusted me and me alone. I was the only one who got to see his funny side, when he would do his little squirrel impression, roll around on his back when he wanted to be petted, and hear all the cute little sounds he made-I think he thought he was talking to me. I almost feel like I have betrayed him by having him put to sleep, but I believe it was the best thing for him. The best thing for me would have been to delay this day with more medicines, more doctors, and on and on..I wanted to preserve his dignity and remember Bobby as I knew him-not as a sickly and miserable animal. I can't stop crying and my head feels like it is going to explode. I will miss my dear friend, Bobby and hope and pray he will be happier and at peace where he is now. I love you Bobby! I couldn't have asked for a better cat.

4 comments:

Heather R said...

Nicole- I am so sorry! Brett and I can totally relate. We we devasted last year when our Tinkerbell got hit. They truly do become one of the family. I do believe there is a special place for animals in heaven and that they are all very happy there. We like to think that Tinkerbell is up in heaven playing with Grandpa Robison (who loved cats as much as we do)! We are thinking of you!!

Mary Jane said...

I'm so so sorry. I wish I could fast forward the pain for you. My heart breaks for your sadness. I'll keep giving you all my motherly advice until you tell me to be quiet!
Just remember those great 10 years and all the good memories. I'm sure he is doing great back in that special place of heaven especially for beloved cats. Love you!

Rylee's Mom said...

I am so sorry-I know this is a hard time for you and anytime you need to call me you know I am there to listen and cry with you. I'll leave the wise advise to Mary Jane. I will miss Bobby with his soft fur and cute personality!

Desi said...

Nicole I'm so sorry! I know that Bobby was like another child to you and it can't have been an easy decision. Pets really have a way of working their way into our hearts. The next time I'm there I'll miss seeing Bobby run away from me :)

I'm sure he'll be waiting to play with you when you get to heaven.

Call me if you need to talk. Love you.