Monday, July 28, 2008

Toddler Fest

Well, my updates are coming later than sooner as I have spent the last two days at Core Academy. Good stuff, but yet another distraction from my blogging. Dag-nabbit! Oh well, here we go:

We spent the morning of Friday, July 18th at the social event of the season: Toddler Fest 2008! My over-achieving friend Mary Jane put on a great little party all for the love of kids ages 1-5. She spent hours planning and organizing lots of great activities and games for them in her very own backyard. She must be a saint because with at least 30 little angels and their loving mothers all in attendance I never saw her break a sweat or without a sweet smile on her face.

Andrew had fun as the pictures here attest (I swear my son has worn a shirt more often than not this summer but from looking at all my posts you certainly would assume he was usually half-naked). Anyway, his favorite events had to be the fish pond (he was one of only two kids who got a much coveted squirt gun for his prize), and of course the cupcakes. Actually, I'm not sure he would've made an appearance at all were there not going to be cupcakes. He RSVP's to invitations based on dessert choices served, but that's another story. There are more pictures of the festivities at the above link to Mary Jane's blog. It was a great kickoff to our "wild and crazy" weekend!



1 comment:

Mary Jane said...

OH, sweet! That Mary Jane gal sounds like the bomb!