Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Family Time-PART ONE (July 19th-21st)

Did two kids ever look so cute in
florescent Velcro bowling shoes?
Andrew loves his cousin Rylee and had been looking forward to her visit. I had planned on taking her for a few days since I am off for the summer, so why not take on another moody toddler, just for kicks and giggles?
So Rylee's mama, my sister Hillary, was there for the first couple of days and then it was just me and the kids Tues.-Thurs. until we headed to the annual Heileson family reunion/camping extravaganza in bear infested Island Park, Idaho.
Here are some of the highlights from our fun-filled times:

BOWLING: (Need I say more?)
-Rylee and Andrew rolling their 2 pound bowling balls down the lane at 1 mile per hour. It was thrilling to watch them and speculate whether they would actually make it to the pins or not.
-Hillary and I fighting over who was going to go tell the attentive man at the counter that yet another one of our balls was stuck in the middle of the lane
-Hillary very valiantly, I must say, "allowing" both the kids to beat her at bowling, just so they wouldn't feel bad
-Me, getting my BEST bowling score EVER, thanks to the miracle of buddy bumpers!
JOHN MAYER CONCERT:
(picture at right taken PRE-concert as neither my sister nor myself was bright enough to bring our cameras into the actual event)
-Hillary and I driving around scenic West Valley City before the concert, listening to loud hip-hop music, car dancing like only the most cool 34 year old moms can, and trying to discourage my sister from flashing gang signs out the window (she didn't realize what territory she was in)
-Colbie Caillat was awesome and I can't get enough of her music these days!
-Poor Hillary being embarrassed by me screaming loudly and often while John Mayer was performing
-Me trying desperately to see John Mayer's fuzzy image on stage through the fat head of the drunk man in front of me
-Dancing, dorkily and unabashedly, throughout the concert, while my sister stood mortified, still as a statue beside me
-Lots of long guitar solos (I guess that's his "thing"), but overall John Mayer was excellent!
What I imagine John Mayer looked like at the concert, had I been able to see him.

1 comment:

Rylee's Mom said...

Makes me laugh all over again! I love your car dancing!