Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Q & A with APM

Being that a certain adorable four year old an I have been spending every waking hour together as of late (which is usually quite delightful, by the way), I conducted a little impromptu interview session a la Barbara Walters the other day while he was scarfing down a hot dog for lunch. I wonder if said lunch influenced said four year old's answer to question #3. (The power of suggestion!) The questions were coming off the top of my head, and I jotted the answers down on the back of an envelope. Most of his answers were no surprise, but a few of them I wouldn't have guessed. Gosh! You think you know a person...

1. Q: What is your favorite color?
A: Red
Mom's Comment: He has always been partial to pink. I am actually glad he is branching out!

2. Q: What is your favorite book?
A: Anything with trucks
Mom's Comment: The kid eats, sleeps and breathes dump trucks, excavators, bull dozers, forklifts, graders, front loaders, cement trucks, fire trucks, ambulances, garbage trucks, cranes, tow trucks, etc. (I can't believe I actually know what all these machines are!) One of his favorites lately is a new book called, Smash Crash. You can just imagine!

3. Q: What is your favorite food?
A: Hot dogs
Mom's Comment: How nutritious!

4. Q: What is your favorite animal?
A: Buffalo Mom's Comment: Hmmm...perhaps influenced by a recent trip including train ride past bison at zoo? Also not very original-aren't all four year olds obsessed with buffalo?

5. Q: What is your favorite thing to do?
A: Ride my four-wheeler
Mom's Comment: Would ride it all day every day if allowed to do so. Love spending hours watching him zoom around the neighborhood. Not exactly a self-supervising toy. Thank you Santa!

6. Q: What is your favorite restaurant?
A: Tepanyaki
Mom's Comment: He especially loves when they throw shrimp at his face-can't get enough!

7. Q: What is your favorite movie? A: Monsters Inc.
Mom's Comment: Often quotes the lines, "I'm watching, ALWAYS watching!"


8. Q: What is your favorite song?
A: Old McDonald
Mom's Comment: I would've guessed B-I-N-G-O. Not much of a farm kid except the tractors. Ponies scare him.

9. Q: What is your favorite vehicle?
A: Ambulance
Mom's Comment: Got that one.

10. Q: What is your favorite dessert?
A: Carrot cake
Mom's Comment: Just like me and Poppa Jack

11. Q: What is your favorite TV show?
A: Fireman Sam
Mom's Comment: All mom's of little boys should know about Fireman Sam. Also available on demand on Sprout. Andrew loves to show me how to stop-drop-and roll and is good about reminding us to change the batteries in our smoke alarms.


12. Q: What is your favorite drink?
A: Chocolate milk
Mom's Comment: As long as you've had your V-8 Fusion for the day, knock yourself out. (How ingenious to hide a full serving of veggies in a delicious fruity drink!)

No comments: