Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

I am ever so reluctantly leaving all this:
To spend a few days relaxing here:
Looks pretty relaxing, no? The forecast calls for temperatures between 65-71 degrees throughout the weekend. It will be difficult, but I will try to enjoy myself. Now, how can we, you may ask, middle-class average citizens that we are in the midst of a terrible recession and economic slump, be jetting to Vegas to party our cares away? No we cannot afford it and I don't know what we were thinking when we planned the trip except that the air fare was ridiculously cheap and we just received our measly TAX REFUND which we wholeheartedly intend to blow as we do our part to stimulate the weak economy! We are patriots, through and through! Plus the trip is our anniversary AND Valentine's Day combo celebration. We didn't even get each other a card so we could save every penny for our luxury getaway. We are leaving the boy with his Meemaw (my mother) and my sister and her hubby are coming with us. We get to go see this:...which I hear is hilarious and dinner is included-BARGAIN! We will also be seeing this:
Not a bargain, but I have seen a couple of other Cirque Du Soleil shows and they are fantastic and worth every penny. We'll call that our splurge. None of us are much for this:


So we can save more money for doing this:
...at the outlets of course! Vacation on a budget-what a way to travel! I guess we are what you might call "low-rollers." I'll be sure to report on my fantastic trip upon my return.

4 comments:

Heather R said...

I hope you have a fabulous trip! We will thinking of you while we are here in SNOW!

Megan said...

Oh I love Vegas so much. Have fun! You deserve it.

Rylee's Mom said...

I can hardly wait. I am getting so excited (especially for those outlets!) C-ya soon!

The Behunin Family Story said...

My sister just saw Cirque Du Soleil at the MGM Grand and said it was so FABULOUS! I am so jealous! I hope that you have a great time. I cannot wait to hear all about it.