Monday, September 14, 2009

NO TEARS!


My son got to have lunch with me today at school. We had chicken nuggets, fries, carrot sticks and chocolate milk. It was fantastic! One of the best lunches I have ever had-not because it was prepared by a gourmet chef. Not because I got to eat with my son, although that was very nice. The reason I loved my lunch so much today was because it marked the first day since kindergarten started that Andrew has made it through the entire school day without crying. Lunch with mom was the reward. Don't even think about telling me bribery is wrong. Bribery is the bomb. Wish me luck on tear-free day #2!

7 comments:

Desi said...

YEA Andrew!!!

I'm so glad that he is finally (hopefully) warming up to school.

Call me sometime, we need to talk ;-)

The Behunin Family Story said...

Heck Yes- Bribery is the best! Yeah for Andrew! Hopefully it will continue. I knew how hard it is for us to see our children go through tough times.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Andrew! It isn't bribery if you're following through after they accomplish the desired task. It's Positive Reenforcement! You both earned this. There'll be many happy days ahead.

Heather R said...

Yea!! Good job to you both!! It can only get easier now, right?

Rylee's Mom said...

Yea for Bubba-and you too!!!! By the way those chicken nuggets don't really look like chicken-they look like chunks of caramel or something. HOpe they were yummy.

andrew's mom said...

Those aren't the real chicken nuggets-those are from google images. Like I would take a picture of my school lunch! LOL

Unknown said...

I'm excited for Andrew he is a sensitive child but he will get through this because he has great support from his fantastic mom!!!