Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rite of Passage

Andrew started kindergarten yesterday and nothing does a worried mom's heart more good than her son taking an instant liking to his sweet kindergarten teacher. The first thing he did when I introduced him to Mrs. Moffett was hug her, and although he is a friendly child, that is not his typical stranger greeting. Mrs. Moffett seems like such a loving, nurturing person, I just know she will be good for Andrew. And clap for me-I didn't cry! I had butterflies in my stomach and my heart was beating like crazy, but no tears from momma bear.

Andrew had a fun morning in Kindergarten but when I went to peek in on him during my recess (I know don't hover mom!), he was in tears over some kind of bathroom incident, which he is still refusing to talk about. From what I can gather it has something to do with not wanting to go to the bathroom by himself. I don't know...kids! Anyway, according to Andrew, Mrs. Moffett sang songs, read a book about a shark starting school and gave them a snack of goldfish and pretzels (he only ate the pretzels). His favorite part of the day? Typical boy...RECESS! So my boy is on his little way in the world...I'm just glad I'm only across the building in case he "needs" me!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kudos to you. I didn't cry when Becky started school either. She was ready. So glad that everything went smoothly for both of you. He's gonna have so much fun learning with an awesome mom like you!

Megan said...

Oh I wish I was his teacher! He's going to have such a good year! Good job, MOm!

The Behunin Family Story said...

How fun for you that he is right there. He looks so cute.

Heather R said...

That is so cute that he hugged his teacher. Hopefully it will be a great school year for both of you!!

Taylor Giles said...

It looks like he likes his teacher thats good he should have a good year!!!!!!!!!