Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's All About the Costume-Are You Ready?

Okay, maybe I'm a little excited about Halloween. I know it is still over a month away, but I will admit I have already ordered Andrew's costume-are you surprised I'm not sewing it since I have become so domestic with my canning adventure and all? I will also reveal that this is the latest in the season I have ever ordered a costume for Andrew-I usually have the dang thing and have tried it on him repeatedly by now. I was feeling very anxious and "behind" as I finally placed the order the other day. I could care less about the candy, the parties, the jack-o-lanterns-for me the thrill of the Halloween season is seeing if my child could possible be any cuter than the year before. (Okay I care a little about the candy). It is getting tough to beat. Last year he was a bat, preceded when he was two by a skunk and of course the famous baby alien for his first Halloween. Now that he is picking his own costumes, or at least giving me input on what he wants to be, it is hard to focus on only cuteness or fabulosity when I have to attend to his wants and needs for a costume. All year he has been INSISTING that he wanted to be an "army man" this year. Until the other night, when I'm about to hit order on the army man costume at brandsonsale.com, and he is suddenly inspired that he should be this instead:

Are you feeling it? I think he will be just darling as a keeper of the peace-I just hope he doesn't become drunk with power and try to beat me with his billy club if he catches me eating his candy.

1 comment:

Heather R said...

Andrew is going to look adorable in his costume! I am so proud of you and your canning adventure. Sound like fun!You are turning into a real Martha!